Sunday, November 12, 2006

I have a problem.

This is Cozy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I am pretty proud of it. I don't want to jinx myself by singing my praises too much, but suffice it to say that it has gone reasonably well thus far. Unstretched and unblocked, it is currently 7.5" long. However, I have hit a snag.

This is how much yarn I am currently able to locate for purposes of continuing Cozy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm not positive, but I don't think that will be quite enough.

See, we moved about a month ago. Until a week ago, all my WIPs and all of my stash were packed. I managed to locate one WIP box (I know there is at least one more) but I am at a loss as to how to go about unpacking the rest. My stash storage used to consist of three laundry baskets. Now, however, it seems that Tallulah may be joining the family.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm sure I don't need to explain why having baskets of yarn lying about would not be the best plan. So the stash remains in boxes until I can come up with a storage method that is at least mostly contained and not wide open to the world and Tallulah.

Somewhere in those four boxes is nine more balls of the yarn for Cozy, which is plenty considering that I've done more than 10% of the project with only 10% of the yarn. Maybe I'll have enough leftover for a panta... Alas, I may have to pick up one of the other WIPs instead. This could work out well for my can't-finish-it-itis, though...if I am forced to work on everything until I run out of yarn, then I will get considerably farther along in them than if I had eleventy gajillion other yarns and projects to choose from. Of course, I could buy more yarn, but that would require funds that are not available to me at this time. And I've already played the, "Honey, can I have this for Christmas?" card for purposes of obtaining new cookware. (I know, I know, this means I'll actually have to cook every now and then. But it's for a good cause, really, because my old cookware is to be donated to a coworker whose townhouse caught fire a few weeks ago.)

I'll leave you with a bit of yarn pr0n. This, along with three or four more balls, also resides in the stash, and it will become a scarf for me that (sort of) matches the one I just finished for Mr. Nekkid. But I'm fond of long skinny scarves, so mine will probably be about half as wide and twice as long. No, I'm not kidding.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

If you think I am, I'll show you the 9' monstrosity that was my very first FO. It's itchy, but damn if it doesn't keep me warm.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home