Monday, November 27, 2006

Baby's First Sock

I've never successfully turned a sock heel. Until tonight. (Thanks http://www.knittinghelp.com!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yeah, okay, it's a crappy picture. I'll make more of an effort when it's finished and when it's not 10:25 p.m. on a school night. :( Sadly, I think this might turn out to be Tallulah's stocking, because it's much smaller than I intended. Oh well. I did pick up some sz. 15 DPNs tonight (for $23 with tax, ouch!) so hubby and I can have larger stockings. At least it knits up quickly. Mine was originally going to be this red one, but I think I'll go with two strands of Lion Brand Wool-Ease in White Frost instead. Yeah, okay, that's a crappy picture too. It's white and sparkly, though, trust me. Mr. Nekkid's will be Red Heart Soft Yarn in Grass Green (which I already have on hand).

Bonus Wifey pic:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I do indeed have it folded in half and then pulled through. That's why I like my scarves long and skinny. :)

Tomorrow: with any luck I'll have a finished Christmas stocking to show off. Hooray!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary McK- said...

Hi there I randomly came across your site and thought I would say Hi. Congrats on the heel turning, and the scarf looks beautiful and very warm=>

4:50 PM  
Blogger gilded raspberry said...

Thanks! I only wish the toe had turned out as well as the heel. Oh well, I suppose I can't get everything right on the first try.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home