Saturday, March 28, 2009

Quickie

Apologies for the radio silence. I slipped and fell on the ice and sprained my wrist at the end of January, so there was no knitting for me for nearly a month. And then I was just lazy for a while. :) But I recently finished a darling hat and I had to share. I think it only took me about 4 hours, and that was stopping and starting.

Pattern: Brangelina Hat by Laurie Perry
Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver in Pretty 'n Pink
Yarn and color were chosen by the recipient :)

Photobucket

Meanwhile, we're having some belated winter today. Here's the view from my front porch as of about 10 minutes ago:

Photobucket

See all the snow piled up on the back of my car? I just drove it less than an hour ago, and there was no snow at all accumulated on the rear windshield. Heck, I stopped at Braum's for breakfast and was there less than 10 minutes...and had to run the defroster for almost 5 to get my windows clear enough to see again. It sure is pretty, though. :) Here's a link to another, slightly larger pic. Look how large the snowflakes are! I swear some of them are the size of large marbles.

Next up: convertible mittens to match the hat, followed by a double knit hat with a pirate motif called Yar! Special request for Mr. Nekkid...and since the library book is already at least a week overdue (even after renewing!) I guess I'd better get cracking. :)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Margie said...

What is the gauge for your Brangelina hat?

10:02 PM  
Blogger gilded raspberry said...

Sorry Margie, I apparently didn't make a note of the gauge!

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home