Saturday, November 24, 2007

Baylie's scarf

At Thanksgiving dinner, my niece asked me to make her a scarf to match her new hat and gloves. At first she just asked for brown and pink, but when I looked at the hat I realized it was actually brown striped with light pink, a darker berry-purpley-pink, and cream. I toyed around with several different ways of incorporating all these colors and finally settled on a length-wise stripe pattern. I think it turned out pretty well.



Finished size: approximately 58" by 3" (it's a little longer than I was aiming for, but no biggie)

Gauge: approximately 2.5 stitches per inch, but it's not crucial. It's just a scarf.

Needles: US 15 (I used two cables from my Boye Needlemaster set to make one really long cable)

Yarns:

MC: Lion Brand Wool-Ease in 129 Cocoa
CC1: Red Heart Soft Yarn in 3729 Grape
CC2: Jo-Ann Sensations Tesoro in 954 Pink
CC3: Lion Brand Wool-Ease in 99 Fisherman

I estimate that it took about 160 yards of MC, and maybe 20-25 yards of each CC. All yarn was held doubled.

CO 150. Follow stripe pattern:

2 rows MC
2 rows CC1
2 rows MC
2 rows CC2
2 rows MC
2 rows CC3
2 rows MC

Bind off. (I used *K2tog tbl, slip stitch back to L needle*)

Unfortunately, I should have knit one more row in MC before binding off, because it wound up looking a little lopsided. But I don't think she'll notice. All in all, it took about 4-5 hours, and I think she'll like it. I also think I have enough of the MC left to make her Build-A-Bear a matching scarf.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelsey Leftwich said...

I saw your wine bottle cozy on Ravelry and I just wanted to say I think it's a really cool pattern. I think I may make one for my mother sometime.

Kelsey

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home