Friday, August 03, 2007

Pea Pod Sweater update

In my ever-present effort to avoid seaming, I grafted the shoulders on the PPBS. Next time, though, I think I will do a three-needle bind off...my grafting wasn't horrible, but neither was it flawless, and I think the bindoff would have looked nicer. Anyway, I then took the quest one step further. Instead of knitting the sleeves separately and paying the girl at the LYS to sew them on, I picked up stitches around the sleeve and am knitting it outward. It required a little pattern modification, but I think it's turning out very nicely. Here's where I was mid-evening last night:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And now, the sleeve is only about 8 rows away from completion. I'm really very pleased with it, and I may never make sleeves any other way again. :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home